Camping and hiking can be a great way to enjoy the outdoors with family, but how do you incorporate devices without taking away from the pleasure of being in nature? Some people may find the topic controversial, but when it comes to these things that we use on a daily basis, more and more people are choosing to carry them when hiking and camping.
In today’s episode, we are talking all about the gadgets we love and ways to be sure they can be used without taking away from the daily gifts that nature provides. For those who want the convenience and security of a connected device, there are plenty of options to keep them powered up on the trail. From durable outdoor chargers to ones that you can juice up using the heat of your campfire, we are sharing some of the many ways that you can take technology along with you.
- The many reasons to add power and powered devices.
- Our tips for making sure nature is still victorious over gadgets and many ways to rely on that power less.
- Children can enhance their passion for what they are doing in nature by photo documenting and sharing their adventures.
- We tell you about all the places we can think of to garner great ideas for outdoor fun – technology free.
- Have proper accessories and adaptors on hand so that you can use the power sources you bring along.
- Don’t miss a step when it comes to power and power back-ups.
- As always, plan your gadgets and gear according to your destination!
Links and Resources:
“The book is better than the internet because it doesn’t require power.” Christopher Hiller
“We like to sprinkle awesomeness.” Nate Harrington