In our inaugural episode of the Camp Hike Live podcast, we are discussing what this podcast is all about and what we hope to share with our listeners. From the lakes and prairies of Minnesota to the dairy farms of western Pennsylvania, we were inspired by the magic of the great outdoors from a young age. We realized that if there are folks out there who have never truly been introduced to the opportunities of the outdoors, perhaps they need a boost of expert inspiration to get them started. We’ll share the tools you need to navigate, explore, and enjoy the world beyond your door!
We are Christopher Hiller, camping supply store owner and all around camping expert, and Nate Harrington, avid hiker and outdoor enthusiast, and together we’ve got the experience and enthusiasm to guide you to get out there too! Join us as we begin this journey to share stories, tips, and information about all things camping, hiking, and living!
- What is camping? What is hiking? We’ll share our personal definitions.
- Although camping and hiking are different, they are not mutually exclusive of each other.
- Try not to get caught up in analysis paralysis about all the gear you’ll need to get started.
- If you wait around for the perfect moment you will never get going.
- The experience can be enhanced by who you bring on your journey. We advise you to find like-minded people who can be your incentive if you are not looking to go it alone.
Links and Resources:
“I have never been happier than helping other people experience the outdoors for themselves.” Nate Harrington
“Time camping isn’t time spent, it’s time invested.” Christopher Hiller